INDIANAPOLIS — Two people have died after separate shootings this weekend, according to the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department.
Police responded to a call in the 4000 block of East 34th Street around 9 p.m. Saturday. Police found the victim, a man, outside with a gunshot injury. He died at the scene.
On Tuesday, the Marion County Coroner's Office said the victim was identified as James Mason, 53.
No information about what led up to the shooting has been released.
Anyone with information about this incident should contact Detective Sergeant Scott Stauffer at the IMPD Homicide Office at 317.327.3475 or e-mail him at Scott.Stauffer@indy.gov.
Around 7 a.m. Sunday, a man was found outside a residence in the 7000 block of Bretton Wood Drive. That's near N Michigan Road and W 71st Street.
Police say the man died at the scene. The Marion County Coroner's Office said Tuesday that he was identified as Medhat Saad, 31. His death was ruled a homicide after he died from a gunshot wound, according to the Marion County Coroner's Office.
On August 5, IMPD announced two people were arrested in connection to Saad's death.
Anyone with information about this incident should contact Detective Brad Nuetzman at the IMPD Homicide Office at 317.327.3475 or e-mail him at Brad.Nuetzman@indy.gov.
From 1:45 p.m. Saturday to 11 p.m. Sunday, IMPD responded to the following calls. The victims were reported to be in various conditions:
- 1:45 p.m. - Person shot in the 4000 block of N High School Road - stable but serious condition
- 8:45 p.m. - walk-in person shot at Community East- critical condition
- 10 p.m. - a person was stabbed in the 800 block of Carrollton Avenue near the Bottleworks District. Young said in an email the victim was awake and breathing and officers were talking to a person of interest.
- 10:30 p.m. - walk-in person shot at Eskenazi Hospital - awake and breathing.
- 11 p.m. - two victims were shot in the 3900 block of Gateway Court. Young said one victim was in critical condition and the other was stable.
- 2:45 a.m. - one person was shot in the 3500 block of N. Drexel Avenue. They were awake and breathing, IMPD said.
- 4:30 a.m. - walk-in person shot at Community East- awake and breathing
- 7 a.m. - walk-in person shot at Community East- awake and breathing. IMPD says this person may have a graze wound.
- 5:30 p.m. - one person shot in the 1500 block of Stadium Way- stable condition
- 11 p.m. - one person shot in the 4200 block of David Street - no condition