INDIANAPOLIS — A man who was recently reported missing has been confirmed as the victim of a suspected homicide found Monday on the city's west side, police say.
Harpreet Singh, 28, of Avon was identified Thursday by the Marion County Coroner's Office as the man who officers found in a vehicle on Jaguar Place on Monday while conducting a death investigation, according to Indianapolis and Avon police.
On Saturday, IMPD announced the arrest of a 21-year-old in connection to Singh's death. WRTV is not naming the suspect because he has not been formally charged.
Singh was reported missing by his family last week, the Avon Police Department said in a Wednesday Facebook post.
He was last reported seen April 23, the Indiana Missing Person Bulletin showed.
Indianapolis police found Singh in a vehicle with traumatic injuries while responding about 11:30 a.m. Monday to the 6400 block of Jaguar Place. He was later pronounced dead, according to IMPD Officer William Young.
Police have not disclosed additional details in Singh's death but said there is not believed to be a threat to the public.
"We ask that you keep Mr. Singh's family and friends in your thoughts and prayers," Avon police wrote on Facebook.
Anyone with more information was urged to contact IMPD Detective Christopher Edwards at 317-327-3475 or Christopher.Edwards@indy.gov. Tips may also be submitted to Crime Stoppers of Central Indiana at 317-262-8477 (TIPS) or online.
-
100 days until the Indy 500: A chat with INDYCAR and IMS President
INDYCAR and IMS President Doug Boles joined WRTV in the studio on Friday to talk about the significance of this day and whether he thinks the 110th running will be a sellout.
IMPD: Man charged with dealing drugs that led to fatal overdose
An Indianapolis man is facing charges after police say he sold drugs that killed someone last September.
IFD seeking information on fire at southside Indy restaurant
Fire investigators are asking for the public's help as they continue processing the scene of a fire that damaged Jakes Pub on Indy's south side early Wednesday morning.
Colorectal cancer leading cause of cancer deaths in people under 50
Colorectal cancer is now the leading cause of cancer-related deaths in people younger than 50, according to medical experts.