CARMEL — Carmel police headquarters has been evacuated after the department received a bomb threat, officials say.
The Carmel Police Department posted a notification about the threat about 12:11 p.m. to Facebook.
"Out of an abundance of caution, we have evacuated the building until it has been cleared," the post states.
The Department said about 12:26 p.m. that a sweep of the building had been completed and nothing suspicious was located.
"We are resuming business as usual," the department wrote.
The department urged the public to stay away from the building immediately after the threat.
This is a developing story.
Latest Stories
-
From snow to severe weather: How to prepare to weather the storm
Just three weeks ago, Indiana was blanketed in snow, and Hoosiers were battling extreme cold. Now, with snow barely off the ground, we have a risk for severe weather on Thursday.
Candlelit vigil honors fallen Beech Grove Officer Brian Elliott
The City of Beech Grove is inviting the community to gather for a candlelit vigil to honor the life and service of Beech Grove Officer Brian Elliott, who was killed in the line of duty on Monday.
Beech Grove officer killed remembered as 'one of our own'
A Beech Grove police officer who was shot and killed while responding to a domestic violence call Monday night is being remembered as a hometown hero who dedicated his life to service.
Central IN Police Foundation launch fundraiser for family of Officer Elliott
An official family-approved fund to support the family of fallen Beech Grove Officer Brian Elliott has launched on Tuesday, the Central Indiana Police Foundation said