INDIANAPOLIS — Two kids and an adult were injured during a shooting at a Fourth of July event on Indianapolis' east side Monday evening.
Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department officers were called to the area of East 38th Street and North Arlington Avenue around 7 p.m. for a report of people shot at a cookout.
Arriving officers located and adult and two children, ages 8 and 10, suffering from gunshot wounds.
All three were taken to the hospital. The children were listed in critical but stable condition at last check. The adult's condition is not known at this time.
Police say the children were playing inside of an inflatable bounce house when they were shot.
Police are still searching for a suspect and have no additional information to release at this time. On Tuesday, department officials said no arrests had been made and no description of a suspect was available.
Anyone with information should contact IMPD or Crime Stoppers of Central Indiana at 317-262-8477.
-
Food pantries on Indy's south side and Johnson counties see increase in demand
Local food pantries said the cost of food, higher rent, utility bills and more are leading to an uptick of people needing food assistance.Carmel businesses see benefits, challenges with new DORA program
For the past several months, the city has been testing a DORA program, which allows customers to purchase an alcoholic beverage from a participating business and carry it within a set boundary.Speedway awarded $100K grant for 16th Street corridor study
The Town of Speedway has received a $100,000 planning grant from the Indianapolis Metropolitan Planning Organization (IMPO) to study improvements along 16th Street, from Mickley Avenue to Main Street.Community leaders push to keep east side liquor store closed, citing crime
Community leaders and business owners on Indianapolis’ east side are rallying to keep a controversial liquor store permanently closed, saying its absence has brought peace to the neighborhood.