INDIANAPOLIS — An IndyGo bus caught fire early Thursday while inside a garage at the transportation agency's headquarters.
Indianapolis firefighters responded before 1:11 a.m. to the building,1801 W Washington St. after receiving a report of a fire in the building, said IndyGo spokeswoman Carrie Black.
Crews then found smoke coming from the bus, prompting a precautionary evacuation of the building.
"Firefighters quickly brought the situation under control," Black said in a statement.
Responders said a fire started in the back of the bus while it was charging. The official cause of the blaze has yet to be determined.
The bus is an older unit that does not run regularly, Black said.
No one was injured in the fire and no damages were reported to other vehicles or the building.
Pacers fans fill Gainbridge Fieldhouse for title game watch partyThe Indiana Pacers played for the first-ever NBA In-Season Tournament championship in Las Vegas on Saturday, but an energized crowd cheered them on from their home arena.
Edey matches season high with 35 points, Purdue beats Alabama 92-86 in TorontoIn front of a pro-Purdue crowd in Canada that included several of his friends and family, Edey played in his home city for the first time since 2016-17, when he was a sophomore in high school.
1 dead following single-vehicle crash on city’s south sideIMPD says a preliminary investigation shows the vehicle was traveling southbound when it left the roadway for an unknown reason and struck a pole and fence.
Pacers to meet Lakers for the NBA’s In-Season Tournament titleIt’s a game that doesn’t count in the standings — but still has a ton of money, a trophy, medals and bragging rights on the line.