CONNERSVILLE — The Connersville man whose dead body was discovered at a cemetery earlier this month died from a gunshot wound, police say.
Indiana State Police provided the update on the death of Thomas Combs nearly two weeks after Pendleton district detectives found his body.
Police are now asking for the public's assistance in their investigation.
Combs was found by ISP detectives Aug. 17 at Dale Cemetery and subsequently pronounced dead at the scene. Police were called there that morning for a report of a dead body.
Police have said Combs was in his early 50s.
Fayette County Coroner Cord Coyle told WRTV that toxicology and autopsy results were still pending Tuesday and that a manner of death has not yet been determined.
But ISP Sgt. Scott Keegan told WRTV Combs' death is being investigated as a homicide.
The agency asked anyone who may have heard a gunshot in the area or witnessed suspicious activity late Aug. 16 or early Aug. 17 to come forward with information. Tips can be submitted to ISP Detective Scott McPheeters at the Pendleton District at 765-778-2121.
-
The Fever beat the Sparks 76-75, move into 6th place
Aliyah Boston had 22 points, 11 rebounds, four assists and a career-high six steals to help the Indiana Fever beat the Los Angeles Sparks 76-75 on Friday night.Midwest Tandem Rally makes its debut in Westfield, attracting over 200 teams
Fancier bikes and a much larger biking community are now capturing the attention of Westfield to host the Midwest Tandem Rally for the first time.State representatives concerned with ABA nondisclosure agreements
This year, Governor Mike Braun said Indiana needs to look at how and where Medicaid dollars are being spent on services like ABA therapy for autism.IMPD releases bodycam footage from November 2024 officer-involved shooting
Late Friday afternoon, Indianapolis Metro Police released edited police body camera video from an officer-involved shooting incident in November 2024.