CONNERSVILLE — The Connersville man whose dead body was discovered at a cemetery earlier this month died from a gunshot wound, police say.
Indiana State Police provided the update on the death of Thomas Combs nearly two weeks after Pendleton district detectives found his body.
Police are now asking for the public's assistance in their investigation.
Combs was found by ISP detectives Aug. 17 at Dale Cemetery and subsequently pronounced dead at the scene. Police were called there that morning for a report of a dead body.
Police have said Combs was in his early 50s.
Fayette County Coroner Cord Coyle told WRTV that toxicology and autopsy results were still pending Tuesday and that a manner of death has not yet been determined.
But ISP Sgt. Scott Keegan told WRTV Combs' death is being investigated as a homicide.
The agency asked anyone who may have heard a gunshot in the area or witnessed suspicious activity late Aug. 16 or early Aug. 17 to come forward with information. Tips can be submitted to ISP Detective Scott McPheeters at the Pendleton District at 765-778-2121.
-
Here's how AI could help you shop better this holiday season
While shoppers ventured out to physical stores, many indicated they would complete most of their holiday shopping online.
Hamilton County volunteers deliver 7,400 Thanksgiving meals to neighbors in need
Dozens of volunteers in Hamilton County came together early Thanksgiving morning to deliver more than 7,400 meals to neighbors in need.
County-by-County: Updated snow forecast for Central Indiana
It's Thanksgiving weekend and the WRTV weather team has broken down, by county, what to watch for as snow is set to hit several parts of Central Indiana.
Organizations across Indianapolis help deliver Thanksgiving meals
Several Indianapolis organizations teamed up to serve Thanksgiving meals to thousands of people in need, with volunteers packing meals and serving hot dinners across the community Thursday.