CONNERSVILLE — The Connersville man whose dead body was discovered at a cemetery earlier this month died from a gunshot wound, police say.
Indiana State Police provided the update on the death of Thomas Combs nearly two weeks after Pendleton district detectives found his body.
Police are now asking for the public's assistance in their investigation.
Combs was found by ISP detectives Aug. 17 at Dale Cemetery and subsequently pronounced dead at the scene. Police were called there that morning for a report of a dead body.
Police have said Combs was in his early 50s.
Fayette County Coroner Cord Coyle told WRTV that toxicology and autopsy results were still pending Tuesday and that a manner of death has not yet been determined.
But ISP Sgt. Scott Keegan told WRTV Combs' death is being investigated as a homicide.
The agency asked anyone who may have heard a gunshot in the area or witnessed suspicious activity late Aug. 16 or early Aug. 17 to come forward with information. Tips can be submitted to ISP Detective Scott McPheeters at the Pendleton District at 765-778-2121.
-
Man dies in hospital from shooting on east side of Indianapolis
Indianapolis Metropolitan Police officers are investigating a shooting on the city's east side that left one person in critical condition on Wednesday.
IU fraternities in 'good standing' cleared to resume social events December 1
Indiana University announced that fraternities in "good standing and not under investigation" will be allowed to resume all activities, including social events, beginning December 1.Carmel Christkindlmarkt delays opening to 5 p.m. due to high winds
Carmel Christkindlmarkt announced on Instagram that it would delay opening until 5 p.m. due to high winds sweeping through the area.
Fatal crash claims passenger's life on Indianapolis' southeast side
A late-night crash on Indianapolis' southeast side claimed the life of one person, according to the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department.