CONNERSVILLE — The Connersville man whose dead body was discovered at a cemetery earlier this month died from a gunshot wound, police say.
Indiana State Police provided the update on the death of Thomas Combs nearly two weeks after Pendleton district detectives found his body.
Police are now asking for the public's assistance in their investigation.
Combs was found by ISP detectives Aug. 17 at Dale Cemetery and subsequently pronounced dead at the scene. Police were called there that morning for a report of a dead body.
Police have said Combs was in his early 50s.
Fayette County Coroner Cord Coyle told WRTV that toxicology and autopsy results were still pending Tuesday and that a manner of death has not yet been determined.
But ISP Sgt. Scott Keegan told WRTV Combs' death is being investigated as a homicide.
The agency asked anyone who may have heard a gunshot in the area or witnessed suspicious activity late Aug. 16 or early Aug. 17 to come forward with information. Tips can be submitted to ISP Detective Scott McPheeters at the Pendleton District at 765-778-2121.
-
Proposal for Irvington DORA district moves forward
The City-County Council's Rules and Public Action Committee unanimously recommended the creation of an Irvington DORA on Washington Street between Ritter Avenue and Audobon Road.
WRTV Toy Drive gets boost from Pacers Sports and Entertainment
This generous donation, along with the rest of the donated toys, will go to the Salvation Army of Central Indiana to be distributed and make the holiday brighter for thousands of children in need.
Silver Alert issued for missing 68-year-old from Allen County
Maryann Hough, a 68-year-old white female, is described as 5'1, 180 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes.
Indianapolis airport prepares for busy Thanksgiving travel after record October
The Indianapolis International Airport is gearing up for a busy Thanksgiving travel period after setting a new passenger record in October with more than one million travelers.