WASHINGTON COUNTY — As the investigation into an unidentified boy's death continues, two vigils were held Sunday to honor him.
"My heart is very hurt right now and the community is very hurt," one woman said.
Those who went to the vigils say even though they don't know who he is, they want to make sure he isn't forgotten.
"The child was found in this community. How could anyone do that? It just runs through our head that surely nobody is this evil," a man said.
Indiana State Police say the boy was found in a suitcase in a wooded area of New Pekin on April 16.

Based on the autopsy, investigators believe the child is about 5 years old. He's described as Black, about 4 feet tall, with a slender build and short hair.
The cause of the child's death has not yet been determined, ISP said. Toxicology results are still pending.
On Monday, ISP told WRTV there is no new information to release.
Tips can be submitted to 1-888-437-6432.
-
Indianapolis man charged in 2-year-old's shooting death
A 23-year-old man has been arrested in Chicago for his alleged role in the death of a 2-year-old Indianapolis girl this summer.IMPD: Sexual assault suspect caught after Monon Trail attacks
Indianapolis police have arrested a 27-year-old man in connection with two sexual assault attacks on the Monon Trail earlier this month.A taste of Nashville in Indianapolis: Clayton's Country Bar opens downtown
49 S. Meridian Street, the address of the old Hard Rock Cafe, has been vacant for years. That's changing. Country singer-songwriter Clayton Anderson is bringing music back to the space.Indy leaders vote down youth curfew fines for parents
Some members of the City-County Council are against a proposal that would penalize the parents of kids who violate the city’s curfew. But some residents feel those consequences are necessary.