ANDERSON — A 12-year-old boy was injured in a shooting that started as a dispute between him and an older family member Tuesday, police said.
The suspect, a 15-year-old boy, shot the victim during a fight, said Anderson Police Department Public Information Officer Caleb McKnight.
Police first responded for what was reported as a fight in progress about 11 p.m. in the 1700 block of Jackson Street.
MORE | One dead, one injured in shooting near 34th and Keystone in Indianapolis
Officers were notified before they arrived that gunshots were fired and that a family member was transporting the victim to a local hospital.
They later made contact with the victim at the hospital and discovered he had been shot by the 15-year-old family member, McKnight said.
The victim was in stable condition at that time.
MORE | 1 killed, another injured Carmel homicide; suspect in police custody
The Department's Criminal Investigations Division was called to investigate.
Additional information was not immediately available.
This is a developing story.
-
Parents of transgender Hoosiers share impact of BMV gender marker rule change
The Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles will no longer provide customers with the option to change their gender on their Indiana credential by using a court-ordered gender change or physician's statement
North side shooting leaves person in serious condition
A person is reported to be in serious condition following a shooting on the north side of Indianapolis on Thursday.
Speedway apartment complex shows progress in sewage cleanup as fines continue
The Town of Speedway is addressing an ongoing issue involving the discovery of raw sewage on the property at an apartment complex.
Jazz, Pacers fined by NBA for player participation policy breach
The NBA also docked the Indiana Pacers $100,000 for holding out Pascal Siakam and two other starters in a Feb. 3 game against the Jazz.