ANDERSON — A 12-year-old boy was injured in a shooting that started as a dispute between him and an older family member Tuesday, police said.
The suspect, a 15-year-old boy, shot the victim during a fight, said Anderson Police Department Public Information Officer Caleb McKnight.
Police first responded for what was reported as a fight in progress about 11 p.m. in the 1700 block of Jackson Street.
MORE | One dead, one injured in shooting near 34th and Keystone in Indianapolis
Officers were notified before they arrived that gunshots were fired and that a family member was transporting the victim to a local hospital.
They later made contact with the victim at the hospital and discovered he had been shot by the 15-year-old family member, McKnight said.
The victim was in stable condition at that time.
MORE | 1 killed, another injured Carmel homicide; suspect in police custody
The Department's Criminal Investigations Division was called to investigate.
Additional information was not immediately available.
This is a developing story.
-
100 days until the Indy 500: A chat with INDYCAR and IMS President
INDYCAR and IMS President Doug Boles joined WRTV in the studio on Friday to talk about the significance of this day and whether he thinks the 110th running will be a sellout.
IMPD: Man charged with dealing drugs that led to fatal overdose
An Indianapolis man is facing charges after police say he sold drugs that killed someone last September.
IFD seeking information on fire at southside Indy restaurant
Fire investigators are asking for the public's help as they continue processing the scene of a fire that damaged Jakes Pub on Indy's south side early Wednesday morning.
Colorectal cancer leading cause of cancer deaths in people under 50
Colorectal cancer is now the leading cause of cancer-related deaths in people younger than 50, according to medical experts.