CARMEL — Carmel police headquarters has been evacuated after the department received a bomb threat, officials say.
The Carmel Police Department posted a notification about the threat about 12:11 p.m. to Facebook.
"Out of an abundance of caution, we have evacuated the building until it has been cleared," the post states.
The Department said about 12:26 p.m. that a sweep of the building had been completed and nothing suspicious was located.
"We are resuming business as usual," the department wrote.
The department urged the public to stay away from the building immediately after the threat.
This is a developing story.
Latest Stories
-
Court docs: Beech Grove officers tried to help woman, leading to fatal incident
The suspect accused of killing Beech Grove Officer Brian Elliott and injuring another is in custody, ISP confirmed on Monday.
3 fatalities reported from crash in Grant County
Three people died, and another sustained serious injury following a crash in Grant County on Monday, the Indiana State Police said.
Amazon Ring ends Flock Safety deal as privacy concerns mount nationwide
Amazon's Ring says it has canceled its planned partnership with surveillance company Flock Safety, raising new questions about privacy and public safety as police increasingly turn to technology.
Lawmakers approve amended bill that would shorten early voting in Hoosier S
The Indiana Senate Elections Committee approved an amendment to House Bill 1359 that would shorten the state's early voting period from 28 days before the election to 16 days on Monday.