MUNCIE — A man was arrested Monday in Muncie after he made another man get on his knees before fatally shooting him along the Cardinal Greenway after they got into an argument in the car, according to a court document.
Muncie Police Department officers were called to a home on South Clark Street after someone reported Erik Sparks, their roommate, as missing, according to a probable cause affidavit. Through an investigation, detectives identified a 32-year-old man as the suspect.
During an interview, the man, Jason Harris, eventually told detectives he had an argument with Harris in the car, made him walk down the Cardinal Greenway near McGalliard Road, made him get down on his knees and shot him, according to the affidavit. The man then said he "blacked out and came out of it" before he realized what happened and saw Harris on the ground.
Officers searched along the trail and found Sparks' body covered in snow and blood splatter in the area, according to the affidavit.
On Friday, Delaware County Prosecutor Eric Hoffman announced formal charges against Harris. He is facing two counts of murder, criminal confinement, obstruction of justice and theft.
An initial hearing is scheduled for 9 a.m. on Wednesday.
-
Silver Alert issued for missing 61-year-old from Anders
If you have any information on Lisa Benitez, contact the Anderson Police Department at 765-648-6775 or 911.
PHOTOS: K9 Kissing Booth at the Boys & Girls Club of Indianapolis
Pucker up! Officer Grace and Officer Allie, IMPD's certified therapy dogs, were the stars of a special Valentine's Day K9 Kissing Booth at the Boys & Girls Club of Indianapolis. The event was a chance for local youth to meet the officers of IMPD to build trust and community.
Federal charges filed against suspect in Hailey Buzbee case
Federal prosecutors have filed criminal charges against Tyler Thomas, the 39-year-old man accused in the disappearance of 17-year-old Hailey Buzbee.
Indianapolis International Airport sets passenger record with 10.6M travelers
Indianapolis International Airport set a new passenger record in 2025, with fresh travel numbers released showing 10.6 million travelers passed through the airport last year.