INDIANAPOLIS — As work on transforming the former Lafayette Square Mall into Window to the World continues, developers now say it will not open later this month as originally planned.
The former mall closed August 29 for what was expected to be three months. A soft opening day was scheduled for Nov. 21, but on Friday the building's owner said the space will continue to be inaccessible until it's complete.
"While we are pleased with how the revitalization is going, the challenges with the current construction climate have caused us to pivot," Sojos Capital, said in a statement. "One of the most intense components of the project is the complete renovation and build-out of the food, beverage and entertainment area. By not remaining open for business, we will be able to further accelerate renovation efforts while guaranteeing the safety of our tenants, employees and visitors."
Owner Fabio De La Cruz told WRTV earlier this year that his goal is to make the space "a landmark of Indianapolis."
Sojos Capital says it is meeting one-on-one with each tenant to create action plans. Tenants will also have the opportunity to relocate to a free, temporary space in a former anchor store, open to the general public, to allow them to continue doing business until construction is complete.
-
IndyCar drivers Caio Collet and Jack Harvey received post-qualifying penalties.
Drivers Caio Collet and Jack Harvey received post-qualifying penalties. Both drivers' starting positions are moved to the back of the field.
Indiana ranks 8th worst for scam calls and texts but overall volume is dropping
Indiana ranks 8th worst in the country for scam calls and texts, according to a new study. But data shows overall volume is dropping.
Officer fires at Connersville burglary suspect; no serious injuries reported
Indiana State Police are investigating after a Connersville police officer fired at a burglary suspect on Thursday.
Banks, Rokita withdraw support for Diego Morales in Secretary of State race
U.S. Sen. Jim Banks and Attorney General Todd Rokita have withdrawn their endorsements of Indiana Secretary of State Diego Morales ahead of the November election.