CONNERSVILLE — The Connersville man whose dead body was discovered at a cemetery earlier this month died from a gunshot wound, police say.
Indiana State Police provided the update on the death of Thomas Combs nearly two weeks after Pendleton district detectives found his body.
Police are now asking for the public's assistance in their investigation.
Combs was found by ISP detectives Aug. 17 at Dale Cemetery and subsequently pronounced dead at the scene. Police were called there that morning for a report of a dead body.
Police have said Combs was in his early 50s.
Fayette County Coroner Cord Coyle told WRTV that toxicology and autopsy results were still pending Tuesday and that a manner of death has not yet been determined.
But ISP Sgt. Scott Keegan told WRTV Combs' death is being investigated as a homicide.
The agency asked anyone who may have heard a gunshot in the area or witnessed suspicious activity late Aug. 16 or early Aug. 17 to come forward with information. Tips can be submitted to ISP Detective Scott McPheeters at the Pendleton District at 765-778-2121.
-
Mother of 2-year-old found shot to death inside south Indianapolis home
Police are investigating after a 26-year-old woman was found shot to death inside a residence on the city's south side late Monday night.
Amazon facilities are gearing up for Black Friday and Cyber Monday rush
Workers at the same-day delivery site in Greenwood are prepping to process about a million orders as the holiday season approaches.
Martinsville Police Chief retiring after long law enforcement career
Lang is retiring from the Martinsville Police Department in December. Before he stepped away, he was honored by the city during its council meeting on Monday night.
Pike Township residents concerned about proposed data center
Proposed 20,000-square-foot data center in Pike Township sparks concerns about forest loss, flooding.