CONNERSVILLE — The Connersville man whose dead body was discovered at a cemetery earlier this month died from a gunshot wound, police say.
Indiana State Police provided the update on the death of Thomas Combs nearly two weeks after Pendleton district detectives found his body.
Police are now asking for the public's assistance in their investigation.
Combs was found by ISP detectives Aug. 17 at Dale Cemetery and subsequently pronounced dead at the scene. Police were called there that morning for a report of a dead body.
Police have said Combs was in his early 50s.
Fayette County Coroner Cord Coyle told WRTV that toxicology and autopsy results were still pending Tuesday and that a manner of death has not yet been determined.
But ISP Sgt. Scott Keegan told WRTV Combs' death is being investigated as a homicide.
The agency asked anyone who may have heard a gunshot in the area or witnessed suspicious activity late Aug. 16 or early Aug. 17 to come forward with information. Tips can be submitted to ISP Detective Scott McPheeters at the Pendleton District at 765-778-2121.
-
Multiple Indianapolis teens arrested for car theft and carjacking
Multiple incidents involving juveniles allegedly stealing cars and committing carjackings occurred across Central Indiana over the weekend.
Young people experiencing homelessness find community at Indy nonprofit
Outreach serves young people ages 14 to 24 who are experiencing homelessness by providing help with food assistance, laundry, hygiene products and more.
Fewer projects, fewer closures: Impacts of winter on construction and travel
Snow, rain and cold temperatures can all have an impact on road conditions. What happens to road construction during the winter months?
Downtown Indy is ready to welcome thousands for Circle of Lights celebration
Safety and security will be top of mind at Friday's Circle of Lights celebration on Monument Circle in downtown Indianapolis.