CONNERSVILLE — The Connersville man whose dead body was discovered at a cemetery earlier this month died from a gunshot wound, police say.
Indiana State Police provided the update on the death of Thomas Combs nearly two weeks after Pendleton district detectives found his body.
Police are now asking for the public's assistance in their investigation.
Combs was found by ISP detectives Aug. 17 at Dale Cemetery and subsequently pronounced dead at the scene. Police were called there that morning for a report of a dead body.
Police have said Combs was in his early 50s.
Fayette County Coroner Cord Coyle told WRTV that toxicology and autopsy results were still pending Tuesday and that a manner of death has not yet been determined.
But ISP Sgt. Scott Keegan told WRTV Combs' death is being investigated as a homicide.
The agency asked anyone who may have heard a gunshot in the area or witnessed suspicious activity late Aug. 16 or early Aug. 17 to come forward with information. Tips can be submitted to ISP Detective Scott McPheeters at the Pendleton District at 765-778-2121.
-
Veterans aging in place program restores independence for local heroes
For years, Kevin Smith lived without a functioning bathroom. This month, his home – and his daily life – changed dramatically thanks to the Veterans Aging in Place program from Purple Heart Homes.
ISP release identity of man killed in officer-involved shooting in Franklin
Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department is on the scene of an officer-involved shooting in Franklin.Indiana Legislature to reconvene in December for redistricting discussions
The Indiana House returns Dec. 1 and the Senate Dec. 8 as the legislature reconvenes to consider a proposal to redraw the state’s congressional map.
Amazon announces $15 billion investment in Northern Indiana data centers
Amazon plans to invest an additional $15 billion in Northern Indiana to build data center campuses, the company announced, adding to its existing $11 billion commitment in St. Joseph County.