CONNERSVILLE — The Connersville man whose dead body was discovered at a cemetery earlier this month died from a gunshot wound, police say.
Indiana State Police provided the update on the death of Thomas Combs nearly two weeks after Pendleton district detectives found his body.
Police are now asking for the public's assistance in their investigation.
Combs was found by ISP detectives Aug. 17 at Dale Cemetery and subsequently pronounced dead at the scene. Police were called there that morning for a report of a dead body.
Police have said Combs was in his early 50s.
Fayette County Coroner Cord Coyle told WRTV that toxicology and autopsy results were still pending Tuesday and that a manner of death has not yet been determined.
But ISP Sgt. Scott Keegan told WRTV Combs' death is being investigated as a homicide.
The agency asked anyone who may have heard a gunshot in the area or witnessed suspicious activity late Aug. 16 or early Aug. 17 to come forward with information. Tips can be submitted to ISP Detective Scott McPheeters at the Pendleton District at 765-778-2121.
-
Jim Irsay continued battling addiction relapses prior to death, report says
Former Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay continued to suffer setbacks from a longtime addiction to painkillers prior to his death in May, the Washington Post reported Thursday.Hoosier the Bison will make first appearance at IU football season opener
Saturday marks the start of a new IU football season. It also marks the return of the school’s mascot, Hoosier the Bison.Southern Indiana city must permit Pride Festival after federal court decision
The Loogootee PrideFest will return to the city's Public Square on September 6, 2025 after a federal court ruled the city's special events ordinance unconstitutional.Indianapolis man charged in 2-year-old's shooting death
A 23-year-old man has been arrested in Chicago for his alleged role in the death of a 2-year-old Indianapolis girl this summer.