CONNERSVILLE — The Connersville man whose dead body was discovered at a cemetery earlier this month died from a gunshot wound, police say.
Indiana State Police provided the update on the death of Thomas Combs nearly two weeks after Pendleton district detectives found his body.
Police are now asking for the public's assistance in their investigation.
Combs was found by ISP detectives Aug. 17 at Dale Cemetery and subsequently pronounced dead at the scene. Police were called there that morning for a report of a dead body.
Police have said Combs was in his early 50s.
Fayette County Coroner Cord Coyle told WRTV that toxicology and autopsy results were still pending Tuesday and that a manner of death has not yet been determined.
But ISP Sgt. Scott Keegan told WRTV Combs' death is being investigated as a homicide.
The agency asked anyone who may have heard a gunshot in the area or witnessed suspicious activity late Aug. 16 or early Aug. 17 to come forward with information. Tips can be submitted to ISP Detective Scott McPheeters at the Pendleton District at 765-778-2121.
-
Indiana State Parks offer free Black Friday admission for Opt Outside Day
Does the hustle and bustle of the holiday shopping season become overwhelming? Indiana DNR is offering a solution to this with their Opt Outside Day on Black Friday.
New Boone County nonprofit offers financial help for drug court participants
A new nonprofit aims to give people in Boone County problem-solving court programs a financial boost that participants say can make the difference between staying on track and returning to addiction.
Watch Us Farm expanding services for kids and adults with disabilities
Watch Us Farm currently helps job train around 12 people a year; this expansion will allow them to serve around 100.
Carmel continues talks to move public meetings to daytime hours
Carmel Mayor Sue Finkam is pushing to move some city meetings to the middle of the workday, a proposal that has divided elected officials.