INDIANAPOLIS — Beginning Friday, July 29, Indiana Housing and Community Development Authority (IHCDA) will pause accepting new applications for the Indiana Emergency Rental Assistance (IERA) Program.
IHCDA says it estimates nearly all federal emergency rental assistance funds that are still available will soon be fully obligated.
"Applications currently in queue, and those that IHCDA anticipates receiving prior to the deadline, will likely fully obligate the remaining funds," the authority wrote in a news release. "IHCDA will also continue to process applications currently in queue and reserve available funds until funds are fully obligated."
So far, $365 million has been paid and obligated to more than 29,000 households.
IHCDA says it will continue to issue payments to those households already approved for an IERA benefit up to the maximum allowable benefit of 18 months.
After the portal is closed, Hoosiers can sign up to receive online updates if the Indiana Emergency Rental Assistance Portal re-opens.
-
Hancock County to receive $13M in federal funds for road safety, bridge upgrades
The Indiana Department of Transportation announced nearly $180 million in federal funding for infrastructure projects across Indiana, with Hancock County receiving a significant portion of that money.
Indianapolis neighbors take the Polar Plunge for Special Olympics Indiana
Over $600,000 has been raised so far this year for Special Olympics Indiana through its Polar Plunge events. Participants braved the cold waters at Geist Saturday morning.
Crews recover bodies of 9 backcountry skiers days after California avalanche
Crews have recovered the bodies of nine backcountry skiers who were killed in a California avalanche four days ago.
Man shot, killed on Indy's east side
A person was critically injured in a shooting Saturday on the city's east side, according to the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department.