INDIANAPOLIS — Beginning Friday, July 29, Indiana Housing and Community Development Authority (IHCDA) will pause accepting new applications for the Indiana Emergency Rental Assistance (IERA) Program.
IHCDA says it estimates nearly all federal emergency rental assistance funds that are still available will soon be fully obligated.
"Applications currently in queue, and those that IHCDA anticipates receiving prior to the deadline, will likely fully obligate the remaining funds," the authority wrote in a news release. "IHCDA will also continue to process applications currently in queue and reserve available funds until funds are fully obligated."
So far, $365 million has been paid and obligated to more than 29,000 households.
IHCDA says it will continue to issue payments to those households already approved for an IERA benefit up to the maximum allowable benefit of 18 months.
After the portal is closed, Hoosiers can sign up to receive online updates if the Indiana Emergency Rental Assistance Portal re-opens.
-
Indianapolis Sheraton City Centre to renovate, rebrand as Renaissance hotel
The Keystone Group has acquired the 21-story Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel near Monument Circle in preparation to update the hotel.
Richard Childress Racing suspends use of Kyle Busch's No. 8 car
Richard Childress Racing is suspending the use of the No. 8 car in the NASCAR Cup Series following Kyle Busch's death.
Indianapolis police chase ends in arrest of 1 adult and 1 juvenile; 4 guns found
Seventy-six officers were present Thursday afternoon at the 1400 block of South Madison Avenue after a traffic stop turned into a police chase, leading to two arrests.
Josef Newgarden leads speed chart on Carb Day
Drivers had one last chance to get on the track at Indianapolis Motor Speedway on Carb Day on Friday ahead of the Indianapolis 500 on Sunday.