INDIANAPOLIS — Beginning Friday, July 29, Indiana Housing and Community Development Authority (IHCDA) will pause accepting new applications for the Indiana Emergency Rental Assistance (IERA) Program.
IHCDA says it estimates nearly all federal emergency rental assistance funds that are still available will soon be fully obligated.
"Applications currently in queue, and those that IHCDA anticipates receiving prior to the deadline, will likely fully obligate the remaining funds," the authority wrote in a news release. "IHCDA will also continue to process applications currently in queue and reserve available funds until funds are fully obligated."
So far, $365 million has been paid and obligated to more than 29,000 households.
IHCDA says it will continue to issue payments to those households already approved for an IERA benefit up to the maximum allowable benefit of 18 months.
After the portal is closed, Hoosiers can sign up to receive online updates if the Indiana Emergency Rental Assistance Portal re-opens.
-
La Porte County deputy in critical condition after ambush, shooting at hospital
A LaPorte County deputy is in critical condition after being shot at Franciscan Hospital in Michigan City Friday morning.
WATCH LIVE: 500 Festival Memorial service honors fallen Indiana service members
The American Legion 500 Festival Memorial Service is underway at the Indiana War Memorial. The ceremony honors fallen Indiana service members.
Indianapolis man sentenced to 20 years for domestic violence, kidnapping
An Indianapolis man was sentenced to 20 years in prison for holding his family at gunpoint after a domestic violence incident.Johnson County inmate dies after jail altercation, investigation underway
An inmate died Thursday evening after an altercation at the Johnson County Jail, according to the sheriff's office.