SALEM — "We never knew him in life, but he has drawn us together."
As investigators work to learn the name of a young boy found dead last month, the community is continuing to remember him.
The boy's life was honored at a memorial service on Wednesday at Weather's Funeral Home in Salem.
"He has a name," two women who attended the service told ABC affiliate WHAS.
"Look at what Angel has done to our community," Washington County Sheriff's Department Sergeant Matt Hein said. "We never knew him in life, but he has drawn us together with love and kindness."
You can watch the service below:
Last week, Indiana State Police revealed he died from an electrolyte imbalance and gastroenteritis.
The autopsy lists the child's age as unknown, but investigators believe the child is about 5 years old, based on the report. He's described as Black, about 4 feet tall, with a slender build and short hair.
PREVIOUS | Washington Co. vigil honors boy found dead in suitcase
Indiana State Police say the boy was found in a suitcase in a wooded area of New Pekin around the 7000 block of East Holder Rd. on April 16. A photo of the suitcase provided by Indiana State Police shows it had a distinctive Las Vegas design on its front and back.

ISP says they're not ruling out that the boy is from out of the country.
A national tip line has been established. Police say they have received nearly hundreds of calls from the public, but none have led to the identification of the boy.
"Investigators are thankful for all the tips that are coming in but ask that the public does not send information on children already documented as missing at this time. Investigators say those cases are already being looked into," ISP said.
Tips can be submitted to 1-888-437-6432. The post's 800 number only works within the State of Indiana.
You can also contact Detective Matt Busick with the Indiana State Police in Sellersburg at 1-812-248-4374 or 1-800-872-6743.
-
Man faces 10 charges after Muncie shooting killed woman, hurt 2 men
Murder and attempted murder charges were among 10 filed Monday against a 21-year-old man who was taken into custody shortly after a Muncie shooting that killed a woman and injured two men.
ECR provides update on Alexander Rossi following Indy 500 practice crash
ECR provided an update on NTT IndyCar Series driver Alexander Rossi Monday evening following his crash during the afternoon’s Indy 500 practice session.
Eastern Star Church closes on Martin University property
Eastern Star Church has officially closed on the former Martin University on the city's east side. The campus' future has been uncertain since the school announced it was shutting down in January.
Judge will decide if Knightstown must redo election
Candidates on both sides of a disputed municipal election on Monday said voters deserve to know the election process is fair.