INDIANAPOLIS — Indianapolis will host the 2029 Men’s Final Four at Lucas Oil Stadium.
NCAA announced Indianapolis to be the host of the 2029 Men’s Final Four Championship game marking the 10th time the game has been hosted in the city tying with Kansas City.
Indianapolis first hosted the Final Four in 1980 and did it again in 1991, but in the past 25 years, the city has hosted six more times (1997, 2000, 2006, 2010, 2015 and 2021) and was previously selected to host in 2026, as well.
Indianapolis’ history of hosting the tournament dates to 1940, and preliminary rounds of the championship have been played in the city on 18 occasions, including eight times this century. The city is also scheduled to host first- and second-round games in 2024 and the Midwest Regional in 2025.
“It’s been said many times about how coaches, players, fans and media love coming to the Final Four in Indianapolis, but I don’t think you can overstate just how much everyone enjoys their experience when they go there,” said Chris Reynolds, NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Committee Chair. “The people not only embrace major events, but they don’t take a single thing for granted. Every time this event is up for bid, anyone involved with the process approaches it with incredible energy and with an urgency that demonstrates the community’s desire to serve as a regular Final Four host.”
-
'Complete shock': Cleanup under way in Bloomington after severe storm
Cleanup is underway in Bloomington after a powerful storm tore through neighborhoods on the city’s west side.
Bloomington businesses hit hard by severe weather damage
Bloomington residents are waking up to widespread damage Friday morning after a reported tornado struck the west side of the city Thursday evening.
Trump signs order for new tariffs after Supreme Court blocked earlier plan
The U.S. Supreme Court ruled, 6-3, that the International Emergency Economic Powers Act does not give President Donald Trump the authority to impose tariffs, dealing a major blow to his trade agenda.
Prosecutor seeks life without parole for suspect in Beech Grove Officer death
A man was formally charged Friday in connection with the fatal shooting of Beech Grove Officer Brian Elliott and the wounding of another officer during a domestic violence call earlier this week.