CONNERSVILLE — The Connersville man whose dead body was discovered at a cemetery earlier this month died from a gunshot wound, police say.
Indiana State Police provided the update on the death of Thomas Combs nearly two weeks after Pendleton district detectives found his body.
Police are now asking for the public's assistance in their investigation.
Combs was found by ISP detectives Aug. 17 at Dale Cemetery and subsequently pronounced dead at the scene. Police were called there that morning for a report of a dead body.
Police have said Combs was in his early 50s.
Fayette County Coroner Cord Coyle told WRTV that toxicology and autopsy results were still pending Tuesday and that a manner of death has not yet been determined.
But ISP Sgt. Scott Keegan told WRTV Combs' death is being investigated as a homicide.
The agency asked anyone who may have heard a gunshot in the area or witnessed suspicious activity late Aug. 16 or early Aug. 17 to come forward with information. Tips can be submitted to ISP Detective Scott McPheeters at the Pendleton District at 765-778-2121.
-
Downtown Indy is ready to welcome thousands for Circle of Lights celebration
Safety and security will be top of mind at Friday's Circle of Lights celebration on Monument Circle in downtown Indianapolis.
Baby Rose follows 'yellow brick road' home after 165 days in NICU
After five months in the NICU at Riley Hospital for Children, Rose Opal Ann Byers is finally following the "yellow brick road" home with her parents, Spencer and Madison by her side.
Police investigating fatal shooting in Madison County
The Madison County Sheriff's Department is investigating a fatal shooting that left a 40-year-old Elwood man dead on Sunday.
Many Indiana holiday shoppers still paying off debt from last Christmas
Many Indiana holiday shoppers are still paying off credit card debt from last Christmas. A new Nerd Wallet survey reveals 31% of holiday shoppers are still paying for last Christmas.