CONNERSVILLE — The Connersville man whose dead body was discovered at a cemetery earlier this month died from a gunshot wound, police say.
Indiana State Police provided the update on the death of Thomas Combs nearly two weeks after Pendleton district detectives found his body.
Police are now asking for the public's assistance in their investigation.
Combs was found by ISP detectives Aug. 17 at Dale Cemetery and subsequently pronounced dead at the scene. Police were called there that morning for a report of a dead body.
Police have said Combs was in his early 50s.
Fayette County Coroner Cord Coyle told WRTV that toxicology and autopsy results were still pending Tuesday and that a manner of death has not yet been determined.
But ISP Sgt. Scott Keegan told WRTV Combs' death is being investigated as a homicide.
The agency asked anyone who may have heard a gunshot in the area or witnessed suspicious activity late Aug. 16 or early Aug. 17 to come forward with information. Tips can be submitted to ISP Detective Scott McPheeters at the Pendleton District at 765-778-2121.
-
Mooresville tree farm continues holiday legacy under new generation
The week surrounding Thanksgiving is the time when many families will get their Christmas tree. The Jay family started selling Christmas trees in 1987.
Brownsburg builds momentum on and off the field ahead of State Championship run
The Bulldogs are riding a wave of momentum both on the field and across the community as they prepare for their second straight trip to the State Football Championship.
U.S. 31 reopened in Hamilton County
The southbound lane of U.S. 31 is closed at 236th Street in Hamilton County due to an active criminal investigation, according to the Hamilton County Sheriff's Office.
Citizens Energy outlines plan to supply Lebanon from Indianapolis water sources
Citizens Energy Group has plans to pull more water from the Eagle Creek Reservoir to supply the LEAP district and the city of Lebanon.