INDIANAPOLIS — The Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department says two pedestrians have died after hit-and-runs this weekend.
A man was hit and killed early Saturday morning after a hit-and-run crash on the northeast side.
Officers responded to the 7700 block of Shadeland Avenue around 5:45 a.m.
Police say the male pedestrian was struck by a vehicle. He was taken to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Family members identified the man as Jonathan Fahey.
IMPD said Saturday night they did not have any updates on a driver or suspect vehicle.
Around 12:30 a.m. Sunday, officers responded to another fatal hit and run at the intersection of East 56th Street and North Moonlight Drive.
Police later found a man lying unresponsive in the 6300 block of East 56th Street. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
On Tuesday, the Marion County Coroner's Office said the victim had been identified as Andres Balderas, 43.
The vehicle involved was not at the scene when officers arrived, police said.
About three hours later, a woman was killed and six others were injured in a crash about a mile down the road.
A separate hit and run on Saturday evening left one person in critical condition.
Anyone with information is asked to call accident investigators at 317-327-6200 or you can remain anonymous by calling Crime Stoppers at 317-262-TIPS.
-
Grab your tacklebox! DNR announces Free Fishing Days in June
Want to reel in a bass, catfish, or trout at one of Indiana’s public lakes or fishing areas, but you don’t have the necessary license or stamps? Free Fishing Day is the answer.
American Red Cross opens new donation centers in Indianapolis and Noblesville
The American Red Cross urges eligible donors to give blood and platelets this month at new donation centers in Indianapolis and Noblesville.
HandleBar Hot Lap returns to Monument Circle
Pedal Pubs took over Monument Circle Tuesday morning for the annual HandleBar Hot Lap. The event is a single-elimination tournament featuring 23 teams from downtown Indianapolis businesses.
National Guard: First members of new military police force ready for deployment
Indiana State Police Superintendent Anthony Scott on Tuesday said the first 40 National Guard personnel had completed the training, and a second group of 40 will begin their training in July.