INDIANAPOLIS — The Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department says two pedestrians have died after hit-and-runs this weekend.
A man was hit and killed early Saturday morning after a hit-and-run crash on the northeast side.
Officers responded to the 7700 block of Shadeland Avenue around 5:45 a.m.
Police say the male pedestrian was struck by a vehicle. He was taken to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Family members identified the man as Jonathan Fahey.
IMPD said Saturday night they did not have any updates on a driver or suspect vehicle.
Around 12:30 a.m. Sunday, officers responded to another fatal hit and run at the intersection of East 56th Street and North Moonlight Drive.
Police later found a man lying unresponsive in the 6300 block of East 56th Street. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
On Tuesday, the Marion County Coroner's Office said the victim had been identified as Andres Balderas, 43.
The vehicle involved was not at the scene when officers arrived, police said.
About three hours later, a woman was killed and six others were injured in a crash about a mile down the road.
A separate hit and run on Saturday evening left one person in critical condition.
Anyone with information is asked to call accident investigators at 317-327-6200 or you can remain anonymous by calling Crime Stoppers at 317-262-TIPS.
-
New tool shows how federal dollars are spent in Indiana
The Federal Funding Expenditures Dashboard has launched the Indiana Transparency Portal, said a news release issued Monday from Indiana Comptroller Elise Nieshalla.
Brownsburg WR Branden Sharpe commits to IU
Brownsburg wide receiver Branden Sharpe committed to IU. Sharpe had 59 catches for 1,143 yards and 13 touchdowns in 2025, helping lead Brownsburg to its second straight Class 6A state championship.Man faces 10 charges after Muncie shooting killed woman, hurt 2 men
Murder and attempted murder charges were among 10 filed Monday against a 21-year-old man who was taken into custody shortly after a Muncie shooting that killed a woman and injured two men.
ECR provides update on Alexander Rossi following Indy 500 practice crash
ECR provided an update on NTT IndyCar Series driver Alexander Rossi Monday evening following his crash during the afternoon’s Indy 500 practice session.