ANDERSON — A 12-year-old boy was injured in a shooting that started as a dispute between him and an older family member Tuesday, police said.
The suspect, a 15-year-old boy, shot the victim during a fight, said Anderson Police Department Public Information Officer Caleb McKnight.
Police first responded for what was reported as a fight in progress about 11 p.m. in the 1700 block of Jackson Street.
MORE | One dead, one injured in shooting near 34th and Keystone in Indianapolis
Officers were notified before they arrived that gunshots were fired and that a family member was transporting the victim to a local hospital.
They later made contact with the victim at the hospital and discovered he had been shot by the 15-year-old family member, McKnight said.
The victim was in stable condition at that time.
MORE | 1 killed, another injured Carmel homicide; suspect in police custody
The Department's Criminal Investigations Division was called to investigate.
Additional information was not immediately available.
This is a developing story.
-
HSE educates parents about internet, social media safety in wake Buzbee case
Parents gathered at Hamilton Southeastern High School on Wednesday for a presentation called “Protecting Kids in the Digital Age” to learn how to protect their children from predators online.
Investigators ask for public assistance to identify a Fox Hollow murder victim
On Tuesday, the corner's office said that through forensic genealogy, investigators have been able to identify the victim's father as Jerome Clarence "Jerry" Harvey.
Family, friends and community honor Hailey Buzbee at celebration of life
Family and loved ones are preparing to pay their respects and honor 17-year-old Hailey Buzbee. A celebration of life has been planned for Thursday.
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement establishing office in Carmel
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, ICE, is establishing an office in Carmel, WRTV confirmed on Wednesday.