ANDERSON — A 12-year-old boy was injured in a shooting that started as a dispute between him and an older family member Tuesday, police said.
The suspect, a 15-year-old boy, shot the victim during a fight, said Anderson Police Department Public Information Officer Caleb McKnight.
Police first responded for what was reported as a fight in progress about 11 p.m. in the 1700 block of Jackson Street.
MORE | One dead, one injured in shooting near 34th and Keystone in Indianapolis
Officers were notified before they arrived that gunshots were fired and that a family member was transporting the victim to a local hospital.
They later made contact with the victim at the hospital and discovered he had been shot by the 15-year-old family member, McKnight said.
The victim was in stable condition at that time.
MORE | 1 killed, another injured Carmel homicide; suspect in police custody
The Department's Criminal Investigations Division was called to investigate.
Additional information was not immediately available.
This is a developing story.
-
Central IN Police Foundation launch fundraiser for family of Officer Elliott
An official family-approved fund to support the family of fallen Beech Grove Officer Brian Elliott has launched on Tuesday, the Central Indiana Police Foundation said
Heisman winner and national champion QB Fernando Mendoza shifting to NFL mindset
Heisman Trophy winner and national champion quarterback Fernando Mendoza is now starting to really shift his mindset toward the NFL.
Police shooting suspect has 30-year criminal history across multiple states
The 47-year-old man accused of shooting two police Beech Grove Police Department officers Monday night has a criminal history spanning three decades across multiple states.
'The ultimate sacrifice': What we know about fallen Beech Grove Officer Elliott
Elliott and another officer were shot just after 6 p.m. Monday while responding to a domestic disturbance call on Diplomat Court.