INDIANAPOLIS — Eight victims and a suspect are dead and multiple people are injured after a mass shooting at a FedEx facility in Indianapolis.
In a media briefing at 3 a.m. Friday, Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department Public Information Officer Genae Cook said eight people were found at the scene with apparent gunshot wounds who were deceased.
The suspect, 19-year-old Brandon Scott Hole, was also found dead by suicide, according to Cook.
LIVE BLOG | 'Multiple victims' reported at FedEx shooting
Five other people were transported to local hospitals with injuries.
Below is a look at the timeline of confirmed events so far:
- Police confiscated a shotgun from Hole following an assessment after he said he wanted to commit "suicide by cop." Investigators found white supremecist websites on his computer, and he was interviewed by the FBI.
July and September 2020
- Police said Hole legally purchased two rifles that were used in the FedEx shooting.
Thursday, April 15
- 11:07 p.m.: IMPD dispatchers received the first 911 call. Police said the shooting lasted for about four minutes both outside and inside the facility and ended before officers arrived.
- 11:23 p.m.: First radio call from police on the scene saying they believed they found the body of the person responsible for the shooting.
- 11:42 p.m.: Call for "All available chaplains" to report to the area for a "mass casualty situation."
- 11:58 p.m.: Indiana State Police close I-70 in both directions on I-465 at Ronald Regan Parkway due to "police activity."
Friday, April 16
- 12:45 a.m.: SWAT Team cleared building and roads began to re-open.
- 1:15 a.m.: IMPD give initial briefing confirming "multiple" victims and suspected shooter deceased.
- 1:20 a.m.: Police instruct families of FedEx employees to go to Holiday Inn Express near the airport for information about family members.
- 3 a.m.: IMPD PIO Genae Cook confirms 8 victims and the suspect have died in the shooting.
- 3 p.m.: The suspect was identified.
- 9:17 p.m.: The names of those who were killed were identified.
This story will be updated with more information as it becomes available.More Stories on the FedEx Mass Shooting: The Facts: What we know about the deadly mass shooting at an Indy FedEx facility | Timeline: Deadly mass shooting at FedEx facility in Indy | These are their faces: The victims of the FedEx mass shooting | Brandon Hole: What we know about the Indy FedEx mass shooter | Funeral plans for Indianapolis FedEx shooting victims | Marion Co. Prosecutor describes Red Flag status of FedEx mass shooter | Police union president blasts Marion County prosecutor for not using red flag law against FedEx assailant | IMPD observed white supremacist websites on FedEx shooting suspect's computer in 2020 | Calls for stricter gun legislation in Indiana following FedEx mass shooting | How Indiana's Jake Laird Law works | Mental health experts urge Hoosiers who are hurting after the FedEx shooting to seek help | Reminder: What you should do in an active shooter situation